Packaging artworks are reviewed and approved by at least 6 to 9 different departments, with each function contributing to a specific portion of the copy text information. Communication typically happens through multiple emails and phone calls. Since many individuals representing these departments have to collaborate together, the absence of an artwork management system leads to unstructured communication. This leads to delays in artwork release and can subsequently delay product launch. Repetitive reworks are sometime due to lack of a proper understanding of what was requested to be changed and where.
Packaging Artwork Management is evolving from a departmental file management tool to an enterprise wide workflow and collaboration system. With collaboration and proofing tools in place, its simple to verify, compare and annotate on your artwork.
ManageArtworks allow you to:
- View the artworks and associated files like dielines, cutter guides, etc. and measure their dimensions
- Annotate on the artwork
- Validate the barcode on the artwork, including the
- Barcode type
- Barcode Magnification
- Barcode number and,
- Scan grade
- Perform color separations and layer separations online
- Compare brief against the artwork
- Compare versions of the artwork with each other including vendor proofs.
In the next few articles, we will talk in detail about the power of collaboration and proofing tools:
Share your thoughts!